|Marriage & Wedding Information|
How To Hire A DJ For Your Wedding
Hiring music entertainment can arguably be the most important booking made for your wedding. Guests remember whether or not they had fun at your wedding. What you pay for is what you get is a good rule of thumb. However, I would like to educate the consumer, future brides and grooms, of how to hire a DJ and things to consider. The following are 9 important factors to consider when hiring a disc jockey BEFORE you sign the contract.
1. Who would be the DJ for your occasion? Many DJ companies are a multi-system operation. Be sure to have in writing of who your DJ will be at your event. I would recommend meeting your DJ before hiring the company at a neutral place, like a restaurant.
2. How many years experience does your DJ have with your type of function? Anyone can pretend to be a DJ. If you are having a formal event, does your DJ know how to organize a wedding reception or a grand entrance? The DJ should perform the type of show that you want!
3. Does the DJ get everyone involved dancing or do they just play music? You have to ask yourself if you want a DJ that will get everyone dancing? For example, will the DJ involve guests by playing and conducting motivational dances like the Chicken Dance, Hokey Pokey, Cha Cha Slide or just play music?
4. Will the DJ be dressed appropriately? Formal means tuxedo or dress. Semi-formal means dress pants, shirt & tie or slacks and blouse. Casual means polo shirt or company shirt. Be sure the DJ is dressed appropriately during set-up and takedown of equipment. Some guests do arrive early and stay late.
5. What is the DJ's fee? How much is overtime? Is a tip included in the fee? Will there be an extra charge for lighting-what does the lighting include? How much is travel to your location? Are you ONLY paying for the time the DJ performs?
6. Does the DJ include a contract? Be sure to have all details of your function in writing. The DJ must know the date, place, and time! You must know each other's names and phone numbers including the DAY of the occasion.
7. Is the DJ company professional? This may sound silly, but does the DJ have insurance? Accidents do happen. It's better to be prepared. Also, is the DJ a member of a national DJ association like ADJA or NAME? If they are, then they care about what they do and are a better chance of being professional.
8. What kind of equipment does the DJ use? Typically, if a DJ is using a brand of equipment you can buy at your local retail store, then that's what you will get. Excellent brand names include: JBL, Community, Denon, Gemini, QSC, Crown, etc. Always, and I mean always, ask if the DJ has back-up equipment WITH them for your function. Also, be sure the DJ brings the right amount of sound for the number of guests expected.
9. What music do you play? How many music selections will the DJ have WITH them? Be sure your DJ takes requests before and during your function. Also, give them a guideline of what you want played. However, this is what the DJ is paid to do. Don't limit the DJ by saying you want all of one kind of music or a list of 100 songs they must play. The best scenario is to play any type of music that gets people dancing and having fun. By the way, it should be understood the DJ does not play any offensive music.
I hope this helps!
About the Author: Matt Campbell owned and operated DJ Express in Montana and now is the owner of WeddingMuseum.com. WeddingMuseum.com helps future brides and grooms plan, book and rate their wedding day. Come see us at http://www.weddingmuseum.com or email Matt, firstname.lastname@example.org ©WeddingMuseum.com 2004
Rose Petals Add The Perfect Touch For A Wedding
Rose petals will add luxury to a wedding day or any other special occasion. Why settle for throwing ordinary rice when instead you can make the wedding so much more romantic by tossing rose petals?
Online Wedding Dress Shopping!
Taking the hassle out of finding your perfect and unique wedding dress.
Belize Honeymoon Resorts
The enchanting Belize honeymoon resorts captivate every visitor through the appealing secluded jungle atmosphere as well as the beautiful hideaway crystal-clear beaches. One of these resorts would be the Turtle Inn Resort Located in Placencia in Belize, which promises a stay within the natural wonders of the tropical coast. This resorts promises fine luxury amenities, spa activities, fine dining and plenty of land and sea adventures. Another destination would be the Cahal Pech Village Resort, which offers customized packages for a most memorable honeymoon in Belize. The Maruba resort Jungle Spa is a boutique hotel that offers a mix of Mayan, African and Creole design within their jungle decorations, thus creating a romantic, dreamy and relaxing atmosphere.
How To Tell An Extraordinary Wedding Disc Jockey From Someone Who Could Ruin Your Reception
You have your band (around your finger), now it's time to find your Wedding disc jockey. You search the internet for "Wedding disc jockey" and come up with a list of potential wedding disc jockey choices. Now, how do you wade through the rheteroric "Connecticut's Most Requested DJ", "The DJ of Choice", "CT DJ of the Year" and figure out who is going to make your reception a raving success v. a floundering mess.
Heavenly Bahamas Honeymoon Resorts
Celebrating under the attentive care of Bahamas honeymoon resorts, there might be no better way to commence a marriage. Consisting of over 700 mostly-uninhabited islands, Bahamas has a lot of territory to encounter during your trip. Bahamas honeymoon packages can put you in touch with several different tropical paradises during any given vacation. You will never be without something new to experience. Even your second or third Bahamas honeymoon will be as fresh and unique as the first.
Why Hire A Wedding Designer?
As couples begin thinking about their wedding, they are often confused over how much to spend, where to obtain specialized services, and how to choose vendors. These worries often mount as quickly as the cost of the wedding. After the euphoria wears off and the reality settles in, it's shocking to discover how much preparation is involved. Couples are faced with decisions about everything from invitation wording to planning their honeymoon. Couples often find they want experienced professional help.
Choosing A Wedding Photographer
The wedding day is the day that most women wait their whole lives for and it is such a special time. Because of the advancement of technology, it is now easy to always remember that day using video and photography. Choosing a wedding photographer is important to take pictures of the bride and groom, and pictures of the bridesmaid dresses the bride has chosen. This is especially important to if you want to give pictures of the bridesmaid dresses as gifts to the bridesmaids.
The Key to the Perfect Wedding
There are many answers to this question, it all depends on who you ask. We all dream about our perfect wedding but each of us may hold a different view of what makes it perfect.
Bachelorette Parties: Fun Alternatives to a Wild Night
If bar-hopping and male strippers aren't the bride's idea of a fun time, perhaps you should reconsider her bachelorette party festivities. (I know, I know...bachelorette parties are a great reason to plead temporary insanity.) But don't despair! There are lots of fun ways to celebrate the bride's final moments of her single life.
Planning Your Wedding - How To Get Organized
You have purchased the latest bridal magazines from your local grocery store and there are pages and pages of photos of beautiful wedding gowns, rings and articles on weddings. Some give you a brief idea of what you need to do to plan your wedding, but you're still not sure how to begin the process.
Beach Wedding Cakes
Looking for beach theme wedding cake ideas?
Should You Send Save the Date Notices To Your Guests?
You've probably heard about Save the Dates since they have become quite popular with brides but you might not know exactly what purpose they serve.
28 Things That Really Do Matter In Marriage (Short Shots On Living An Exceptional Life)
In my opinion, these things matter...
Anniversary Gift Guide
An anniversary gift is the opportunity to show your loved one precisely how much they mean to you and how special you think they are.
Wedding Bouquets for Life
One of the most beautiful of the bride's adornments at a wedding is the bouquet. Normally constructed of fresh flowers, the wedding bouquet would last for a week or two, and then have to be dried or tossed. Today that is not the case; today's modern bride has options that are more permanent.
Your wedding rings were meant to last a lifetime. They are the unique symbol of your devotion to each other and the design should be something that you both can agree on. The most unique wedding rings are the one which you design your selves, and there are many mediums to choose from. Wedding rings are no longer just simple gold bands, they come in all metals, and you can even have them crafted out of stone or bone! Your wedding band will be something and you will wear all the time. Therefore, it is very important that you give a lot of thought into the design of your wedding ring.
Planning Your Honeymoon -- 6 Tips To Help
The groom traditionally plans the honeymoon. However, most brides prefer to be in on the honeymoon plans so that they can prepare ahead too. Here are some things the two of you need to discuss when planning your honeymoon.The honeymoon budget: The groom usually pays for the honeymoon so it is important that you both know how much you can afford to spend. The budget will determine your choice of destination and the duration of your honeymoon.
Bachelor Party Planning - The Ultimate Weekend Trip with the Guys
Rounding up the guys to devour some barbecued red meat followed by a drunken jaunt to the local "nudie bar" just doesn't seem to be cutting it for today's soon-to-be grooms as they celebrate the end of bachelorhood. Could this new trend just be the competitive nature of men flourishing as they try to upstage their buddy's previous celebration? Absolutely, guys want the best of everything and most of all, they want to impress. After all, it's the Bachelor Party and not the wedding that will be most remembered and talked about event amongst a guy's inner circle. The bachelor party is the ultimate 'boys night out" and now future grooms are stretching this "night out' into a whole weekend affair.
Slash Your Wedding Ceremony Bills
When it comes to your wedding services alone, nobody wants to spend an arm and a leg on this and still have to foot the bill for the reception. Really it depends on where you want to your wedding to be and what type of service that you are hoping to have. With careful wedding planning, you can save a small fortune!
Top 5 Wedding Favors and Why
WHAT ARE THE TOP FIVE WEDDING FAVORS AND WHY?
|BridesMaid Gifts | Articles | site map | Area Rugs | Free Music Downloads| Little Giant Ladder|